CITRULLINE MALATE 300mg
What is Citrulline Malate?
It is a compound made up of Citrulline + Malate /malic acid. Citrulline is helpful to remove metabolic by-products that are produced in high intensity based activity like ammonia, lactate, inorganic phosphate, etc which causes fatigue.
Citrulline increases the plasma level of ornithine and arginine which improves the nitric oxide metabolism. Malate allows more aerobic production of ATP.
Truth about Citrulline Malate
- Plays an important role in boosting nitric oxide levels, allowing more oxygen plus nutrients to be delivered to your muscles, and the removal of ammonia, a compound known to cause exercise-related fatigue, from your blood.
- 6-8g of citrulline malate should be taken 60-90 minutes before pre-workout.
- The combination of Malic acid with L-Citrulline makes it a more powerful supplement for energy production as Malic acid plays an important role in the TCA cycle.
- Besides its effects on performance, citrulline malate can also reduce post-exercise muscle soreness.
- Under dose in most pre-workouts, anything less than 4g per serving will have little or no effects.
- Arginine is a less effective pump product due to the fact it converts to urea and ornithine in the stomach.
- There are many other effective pump products: Agmatine sulfate, Norvaline, Nitrosigine, Glycerol, Beetroot. But none offer the endurance of Citrulline Malate.
Benefits of Citrulline Malate
- Improves blood flow and ATP production
- Can help lifters add a few extra reps over multiple sets.
- May reduce delayed onset muscle soreness.
- No direct mechanism for increasing 1RM. Potential to increase hypertrophy through added work capacity, but this has not been well studied.
Dosage: 8g citrulline malate ( with a 2:1 ratio of citrulline to malic acid) taken 30-120 minutes pre-training. It is not cumulative, so there is no need to take on rest days.
How can Citrulline Malate help you?
- Citrulline can help both untrained and trained lifters.
- It increases the training volume per session, as it reduces fatigue and increases ATP production.
- Decreases muscle sourness, which means the crazy DOMS that many people get after a heavy training session will be much lesser.
- As it is a vasodilator the body tends to push more blood towards the working muscle which gives the pumping feeling and which can make the workout more enjoyable.
FOOD SOURCES: Watermellon contains 7-3.6mg of citrulline per gram(fresh one).